Sorry, this entry is only available in 中文.
Experienced JAVA engineer required to work for multiple Science Ground Segments. This a technical post with a good communication and coordination element.
The objective is to support the development of the Science Data Processing Projects by designing, implementing, testing and documenting data analysis packages written in Java and Jython.
This software will be developed jointly between GST and other science teams, with GST providing the framework within which the science teams can develop and optimize instrument-specific data reduction algorithms. The Data Processing Systems may be distributed to the astronomical community.
Specific tasks include:
- Development and maintenance of data accessing packages
- Development and maintenance of data structures, including accessing them locally and from object oriented and relational databases
- Development and maintenance of graphical libraries
- Development and maintenance of framework that permits both interactively and automatic data processing
- Development and maintenance of means to visualise various projections of one-, two- and three-dimensional data in various coordinate systems
- Graphical user interface (GUI) maintenance and development
- System testing, including its performance aspects
- Writing and maintenance of documentation
Specific qualification requirements:
- A university degree in computer science, physics, electronic engineering, or equivalent.
Specific knowledge is required in the following areas:
- Several years of relevant experience in general software development and software engineering.
- Programming languages: JAVA
- Unix based systems (Linux or Mac)
- Configuration control system: CVS/SVN
- Object Oriented design methods
- Eagerness to embrace new concepts and methods is an advantage
- Knowledge of Jython is an advantage
- Knowledge of data structures is an advantage
- Knowledge of GUI development is an advantage
- Knowledge of process communication is an advantage
- Knowledge of Eclipse RCP is an advantage
- Knowledge of Maven/Ant is an advantage
- Knowledge of XTCE is an advantage
- Experience to write user documentation is an advantage
- Knowledge of using Object Oriented and Relational Data base systems is an advantage
- Experience in scientific/astronomical data reduction systems is an advantage.
Experience in interacting with the science community would be an advantage. The selected contractors must be willing operate in a team environment and to travel. Good interpersonal and communication skills are an advantage.
It is foreseen that the candidates may have to travel to ESA establishments and PI institutes, approximately 2 times per year.
The working language is English.
All roles within GSegment Space Technologies, Inc. have a defined closing date, however if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed early. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.